Today I have been mostly balancing my radiators. Not the most exciting Saturday job but one that is important to make sure your boiler is working as efficiently as possible.
If you know you know. If you don’t, do the following:
- Start by putting all the controls to maximum including room stats and TRV’s.
- Then close the valve on the other end on each radiator fully and open again by a 1/4 turn. You will need a spanner for this.
- Turn your heating on full.
- Note down what order the radiators get hot.
- Adjust the last to get hot by opening another 1/2 turn.
- Turn the heating off and wait for them all to get cold.
Repeat noting down the order and adjusting until they all get hot at the same time. Now you have a balanced heating system the boiler can run at a lower temperature and reduced pump speed. Should lower your bills and keep you comfy.